Friday, June 20, 2008

Preparing for Camp Mu Ji Gae 2008

I have been in the midst of preparing for the Rising Stars (age 0-3 years old) group of Camp Mu Ji Gae. I'm helping out two other mothers with this group, the planning, the prep work, and my donation to camp of the items I'm working on. I need to come up with a list of stuff that I'll need to bring to camp that evening (the kids' Hanboks).

Ryan and Katie liked looking at the flashcards that I created for Rising Stars. Ryan asked if he could have a set which of course my kids are getting a set each.

I have to admit that they are pretty cool looking. They have a picture and the English word for that picture on one side and the Hangul and the romanization of the Hangul on the other.

I did up flashcards for the parents to learn London Bridges in Korean as well which I will be teaching them during the class. Sorry folks no picture with the London Bridges flashcards.

The two oldest are excited to attend camp again this year and are very excited that they are in the same class (Curiosity for ages 3-5 year olds). Jeff will have his hands full but he might have some from my dad.

I'm excited to be giving back to the camp in a more volunteer capacity which is amazing since I have kids ages 4 and under. Jeff thought that I was nuts just nuts since I'm busy with the kids. But for me helping a friend of mine out who was running the Rising Stars group this year was far more important. I didn't think that I would be singing in front of a group of parents and grandparents though...but it's not a problem for me since I'm not talking on the steps near the Lincoln Memorial like I did in April 2001 on the Endometriosis Walk for Awareness in Washington DC.

Did I tell you before?? Since Ryan likes to help others in need, for Ryan's birthday instead of toys we asked for donations to be sent off to Mu Ji Gae. So Mu Ji Gae got some monetary donations from Ryan's birthday guests.

Off to prepare more flashcards and read my ESWS newsletter that I just got in the mail yesterday,

~Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to MuJiGae too! It will be my 22nd year I think :) I did miss one or 2 along the way but its always been important to our family. It really is unique - I am always surprised when I hear of other camps and learn that they are run entirely by white people! We are so lucky to have such a supportive Korean community around here.
I hope to see you at Chris Winston's talk Monday night at Parsons.
Maggie