Katie conversation with Monday night's dinner was funny. Here's how it went:
Katie: What are you putting on your taco, Daddy?
Daddy: (as he is holding a bottle of habanero sauce) Spicy sauce. Why you want some sweetie?
Katie: Yes
Daddy: Are you sure it's really spicy?
Katie: (said very strong and with punctuation at each word)Yes I am
Daddy: I put a little bit here on your plate so that you can try it.
Me: Here's some more milk sweetie just in case the sauce is too spicy for you, okay?
Katie: Okay
Katie: (tries the sauce without the taco) this is good Daddy...Can I have some more to dip my taco in like you?
Daddy: (looking stunned at me and then back at Katie) You want more?
Katie: Yes
Daddy: (gives her a little more) Okay
Katie: I LIKE the spicy sauce Daddy!!
Ryan: I don't want any spicy stuff
Me: Okay Ryan, you don't have to have any
We heard more thunder this week and Ryan wasn't too happy about it. Neither was our dog for that matter who hid behind our couch. Ryan and Katie made their own lunches on Wednesday (crackers with hummus). Katie licked more stuff off her spoon than put onto her cracker.
The girls and I did each others hair with the girls barrettes on Tuesday and again on Wednesday. It was too funny to see how many barrettes Katie would put into my hair and into her younger sister's hair. I wish that somebody was videotaping us!!! Oh what a sight we were. Poor Ryan didn't understand what the fuss was all about for us girls. He just wanted to play with his trucks that Papa had lent him who knows how long ago.
Wednesday night's dinner was Bibimbop since we had finished up having tacos. Well it's a version of Bibimbop anyway that I can get the kids to eat. The tacos as always are a hit but a mess as well. I had to sneak in some veggies on to the soft tortilla before giving it to the kids. So what veggie did I add?? Grated carrot right on top of the meat.
Unfortunately I can't quite sneak in a veggie into the Bibimbop since you see everything in the bowl. So we have some picky eaters right now here in our home. Bella is the opposite she loves eating the bibimbop. The rice goes everywhere...on the tray, on the floor, on the seat of her highchair, all over her bib, in her hair because she runs her hands through it, and some pieces of rice manage to find their way into her mouth and stomach. Somehow she manages to keep the rest of the food in the bowl or on the tray or in her mouth.
We played with the trucks and cars, the girls played with their dolls in their doll podaegi carriers, the two oldest kids helped vacuum the rug (however the vacuum cleaner wasn't turned on when the kids were "helping me"), pretended to drive to friends and family members' homes, pretending that we were ballerinas and cooks, carpenters who build things like homes and more.
We looked at bugs in the backyard and told them not to come inside the home. Why you might ask? Ryan will tell you that they live outside not inside our home...they have their own home.
We looked at books and had Daddy read our favorite book right now...Disney book on Opposites. Bella looks at a book with me every night or builds something with the legos to show me.
The two oldest are inquistive and ask alot of questions. Here are some examples of this past week's questions:
Why does the wind blow?
How do they make a house?
How do they make watermelon?
What bug is this?
Why is puppy barking?
Why don't we get mail? (they get all of our junk mail to look at)
Why can't Daddy stay home all of the time too?
Can Daddy come home now?
Can I go to the stores tonight? (mind you we have nothing to get at the stores so the answer is no with today's gas prices)
Why can't I watch Thomas all the time?
Bella's words have been coming fast. She can now say 'hug' with her little arms raised up and with loving eyes that makes your heart just melt, 'dog', 'puppy', 'home', 'daddy', 'momma', 'omma' which she picked up from Ryan and Katie, 'appa' meaning apple most days, 'mine', 'got', 'sky', 'nana' for banana, 'talk' when she wants to "talk" on the phone, and 'aggie' for Maggie. She tries to say barrette as well when she wants a barrette in her hair. She can sign water and melon if I make the fist. She has been trying to sign I love you as well but only manages to get her index finger out and she and I sign I love you together which makes her just light up a room with the smile of hers.
Bella is walking as fast as she can in the home now. And boy she is ever fast. I have to beat her to the baby gate when the kids leave it open to go potty. Otherwise she is trying to climb up the stairs which she can do all by herself with us following her.
Ryan is working on how high he can count. He's made it up to nearly 50 (with a tiny bit of help) before stopping to eat but this week he only did up to 36 because dinner was on the table and he "had to eat it now"...besides "there is always time to count later on".
Ryan and Katie went to spend 2 nights over at my parents house (thank you mom and dad!!!!!) this past weekend. Bella stayed home with us.
Just a small glimpse into the life here in our busy home!!!
~Jen
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment