Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our trip to the library...

We went to the library since I had to do some research on a doctor using the ABMS directory. Thank goodness our local library has the most recent edition. While I was in Reference with Bella in the stroller looking up doctors, Ryan and Katie were in the children's section with Jeff.

Bella first reaction in this quiet area is "dada DADA DADA". Meanwhile the librarian there is smiling and giving me the signal not to worry. Other library patrons were not so amused so I told Bella to shh. She repeated me and quiets down for a moment while I go back to work. Then she starts in again with the same emphasis as before. I tell her to shh again and again she repeats me. She quiets down after I give her a small piece of paper I had to hold on to. I make the copies that I needed to and leave the reference area and we head to see what Daddy is doing with Ryan and Katie.

Ryan immediately greets me and says that he's making dinner for Daddy and us. Jeff tells me the first thing that Katie finds is the Good Night Moon book and wants to bring it home even though we have 2 copies of it at home. She still has it in her hands. I spy the area for Children's Folktales and see what they have. I found a Korean folktale book without too many words to it but the pictures look a little scary for my kids...maybe when they are a little older.

Before we leave, I get library cards for myself, Ryan and Katie. Bella can't get one yet because Bella isn't legally our child. Once she gets finalize, we are getting her own library card as well.

Katie wants to head back to the library as soon as possible. Ryan is in agreement. Bella looks at all of the books at her fingertips and says "book BOOK BOOK".

My response to her is that "yes Bella the library has books". Maybe I've got a future librarian here in our home along with a chef and an author/teacher???

~Jen

No comments: