Like MLK, I have a dream. Like him, I hope that one day that our founding forefathers' words on the Declaration of Independence will ring true...that all men (and women) will be created equal.
I hope that one day my children will not encounter racism anywhere and to dream big (and if the dream of theirs is to become President of the US that is fine with this mom).
I hope that my children will be able to have open adoption relationship with their First Mom.
I hope that one day all children that are given up for adoption are truly orphans and aren't sold or stolen from their First Families.
I hope that one day men, women and children aren't bought and sold into slavery.
I hope that we can live in a society of peaceful existence without any prejudices or stereotyping.
I hope that one day I can say that I don't have any white privileges since all races have the same rights and privileges as I do.
I hope that my readers do something to help the world that they live in whether that be the world inside their homes, outside their door or the online world.
I hope that my readers understand that racism does indeed exist (whether it be subtle or not so subtle) and do stand up against it.
These are my hopes and my dreams today.
~Jen
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment