Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Home Schooling Kids

Mommy, Katie and I have been working on learning our numbers (I know 1-10 and I'm well on my way to learning the rest), counting (I can count comfortably up to 12 and sometimes you might hear me count up to 15 or 16), listen and sing or dance to music including Korean music), playing our musical instruments like piano, our jang-go drum or sogo drum and more, teaching me how to tell time and more.





We have music time where we either listen to and sing Korean children's songs or other music (Kindermusik, classical music, other children's songs or a song where I ask Mommy to dance with me). We have letter time where we learn about letters--what they look like and sound like. We have reading time where Mommy will read us a story and later on in the day with Daddy home we will watch Reading Between the Lions (nobody told us it was geared for 4-8 year olds!!) and at night we get a bedtime story. We do outside play when the weather is nice.

We also do arts and crafts and Katie really loves to color (and break the crayons as well). I can draw a circle and I'm working on a triangle now. Outside today I drew a tree on the driveway with chalk along with tracks for Thomas, Emily, Gordon, and Percy to ride on as well.

Both Mommy and I are teaching Katie about learning her manners (although Mommy and Daddy since need to remind me of mine as well).

Oh and I know Daddy's name as well...I overheard Mommy say it and I've been trying to call Daddy by that name lately. Unfortunately Daddy doesn't quite like that...

Gotta go for now since I should be napping

~Ryan

No comments: