Friday, December 9, 2011

Read this open letter from an adoptee

Please read this brutally honest letter. I'm not adopted but I'm a parent to 3 children came from Korea. One of them has their own hurts surrounding their adoption. That child has lots of questions...some of them are easy for me to answer because I have the information, others are deep thought provoking ones. I take those questions as they come and answer those that I can whether they are easy to answer or hard to answer. Sometimes that answer is "I am sorry, I do not know". And I feel horrible that I don't have the answer. "I don't know if your First Mom looked into your eyes and smiled. I don't know if your First Mom's favorite color is blue. I am so sorry that I don't know." Any time a question gets asked, it is always followed up by a hug and kiss.


Please read this article and let me know what you think.

~Jen

No comments: