Saturday, March 12, 2011

Name Calling and Bullies

Church School would be one of the last places that I would suspect name calling at. I mean it's Church afterall. God is especially watching you while you are in Church. And yet Church School is where my son was called by another child who sat at the same table as him a "Sushi Head". My son didn't take it as a negative thing at first but upon further reflection told us yesterday about it.

We had a lengthy discussion with him and later his sister, Eun Seong since she is in the same classroom, that this behavior from this boy was unacceptable and to alert their teacher. If this teacher did nothing, then to alert us and we'll handle it. I know that I'll have this conversation over and over again.

What I need is a good comeback for my children to tell a 5-7 year old child for calling them "Sushi Heads". If any of my readers here or on Facebook can give me something, I'm all for it. Right now I have them moving their materials to another table after telling their teacher.

No comments: