Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Story of a Ladybug...

Today Ryan and I found a ladybug in the family room. Normally a bug in the house makes the kids upset that it is in their home and bugs live outside in their own homes however this was a different story today. Today the ladybug was more than welcomed into our home for a little while longer. We mourned the loss of the ladybug's life in our home for a little while.

The two oldest kids were sad to see the dead ladybug and Ryan didn't want it to go outside. He ended up giving me the dead little ladybug. So in the pouring rain with Ryan looking from inside the house, I said a prayer and buried the little ladybug in our front yard where he could see and right near some bushes that the ladybugs would frequent.

After the prayer and burial, I went back inside the house a little soaking wet and took off my shoes and coat. I gave my son a hug and after a small amount of time he went off to play with his cars a little sad that "his" ladybug was gone but better since Mommy took care of the ladybug by saying a little prayer over its grave.

We miss you little ladybug and hope that you are flying carefree in ladybug heaven.

~Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen you really are the best mommy in the entire universe! Going outside in freezing rain to bury a bug - gosh I am in awe!
Maggie