In my family, I first started as a wife. Jeff and I got married back in 1994 just this very month...has it really been almost 14 years??? Seems like only yesterday that I married my love. Hard to believe that he just graduated college in May 1994 and that I graduated from college the year before. Hard to believe that we had family and friends present at the church that my grandfather did some work in many years ago, the church that I attended since I was little, the church where I learned to sing German Christmas carols and Latin chants in, the church where I was the youngest choir member in (joined at age 17).
Jeff and I started off as a young happy couple living in NJ. We eventually added a puppy in 1997, Jasmine. We lost her too young...she was only home less than 2 weeks. God I hate puppy mills!! After Jasmine's death came Maggie...she's a Jersey girl and comes from a breeder near the Jersey shore. She came home in late August 1997.
Then this month in 2004 one day before our 10th anniversary, we got the phone call about a referral. That referral was Ryan. We accepted his referral on our 10th anniversary. It's a very special time for the three of us. It's a story that I won't stop telling to him. How it came to be that this little guy who was 4 months old waiting for a family came to join ours.
~Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Happy September!
It's funny how certain months are like that :)
Post a Comment