Saturday, May 3, 2008

Camp Mujigae...posting # 2

Hi all of our readers,

Camp Mujigae registration is still open (see Camp Mujigae). I am volunteering for the Rising Stars group which is the youngest group up to age 3 years old. For those of you who read this blog who have kids you have adopted from Korea, please consider attending camp.

Ours is a wonderful one and the other two co-leaders and myself have planned on having a parents' resource table full of information for the new parents.

And for those of you who think that this is just open play time for little tikes, think again. I'm teaching London Bridges in Korea to parents and campers and I'll be without my two star singers as well, my two oldest kids!!! YIKES!!!! And I'm working on learning Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (although I have to admit that I feel a little less comfortable with that one right now).

I'm working on Oral Korean, Hangul and English flashcards, gathering up catalogs and magazines for that table and more.

The other co-leaders are working hard on other fun things to do as well. One of which is storytime with a Korean book!!!

For those of you out of state, please consider attending. I know that we are one of the few in the neighboring states of NY that have programs geared for kids under age 5.

My two oldest love to talk about Camp Mujigae, wear their camp tee-shirts and more.

For those of you who are reading this who aren't in the states or who can't come to this particular Korean culture camp, please enroll your child in camp so that they can learn about their culture, being around other Korean kids, eating Korean foods, and more.

If you have adopted from Korea, please consider bringing your kids to a Korean cultural camp. It'll do them the world of good to learn about their culture, to eat Korean food, to make Korean friends, and for them to learn that you love them enough to care.

Back to Camp Mujigae stuff!!!

~Jen

No comments: